Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Re-partitioning HDD - where'd all my gigabytes go?!

Mike Tomlinson wrote:
In article , Tinkerer invalidaddress@in
validaddress.invalid writes

Its not that clever actually. Messages about shortage of virtual memory
are quite common and are normally cured by removing that tick and setting
the virtual memory size to at least 50% above actual memory size.

If the system is hitting the pagefile to any great extent, the best
thing to do is to add more memory, not fart about with the pagefile
settings.

IIRC he said his MB was crammed to the gills anyway - 1GB.

I wouldn't run any kind of any windows on that frankly. Is dog slow with
more than a single GUI app running on even Linux.