Posted to uk.d-i-y
AlanD[_3_] AlanD[_3_] is offline

Default Makita tools

On 28/03/2011 15:39, Chris Wilson wrote:
So damned expensive, even when compared to other quality tools, is there a
reason (other than greed), that is, are they worth the money and why?

In my experience (heavy duty DIY use), they *are* worth the money. They
have outlasted cheap shed own-brand equivalents several times over
(angle grinders mainly) and the cut accuracy is excellent (mitre saws &
table saw) vs cheap ones. I've burnt the motor out of a cheap table saw
fairly quickly (and then couldn't get spares!) but the makita just keeps
on going.
I also have a fair number of Ryobi battery tools* which seem to be
lasting well, and are well built, so also worth considering.

*Their One+ range that share the same batteries throughout.