Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Noalox for flash light threads report

That's pretty much what I was going to write. The metal to
metal contact will force the grease out. So, nonconductive
is a nonissue. The lubrication value, and the displaces air
and water value is what I'm trying to do.

I've used dielectric grease on several flash lights in the
last couple days. Including my mini mag and a couple of D
cell mag lights. They all work fine. The proof is how they
work, months from now. But at the moment I'm optomistic.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"dan" wrote in message
wrote in
rec.crafts.metalworking on Sat, 26 Mar 2011 19:22:26 -0700
(PDT):

Good luck with
the dielectric goop, it's meant for an INSULATOR for HV,
like plug
boots and distributor rotors. The threads in those
flashlight caps
are usually used to conduct current, they might not now.

The metal to metal contact conducts the current, the goop
just takes
the place of air/water in and around the threads.
--

Dan H.
northshore MA.