Posted to uk.d-i-y
Donwill[_3_] Donwill[_3_] is offline

Default Expansion vessel - Schrader valve

On 27/03/2011 23:25, Richard Russell wrote:
The expansion vessel in our Baxi boiler has to be completely
disconnected and removed to gain access to the Schrader valve.
Understandably, the company that services the boiler is reluctant to
do this on a regular basis (even though on the one-and-only occasion
it has been checked there was no pressure and it had to be pumped up).

Is there such a thing as a flexible Schrader valve extension which
could be left permanently attached to provide more convenient access?
It would need to be at least 6" long.

Richard.
http://www.rtrussell.co.uk/

My boiler, an Atmos HE32 has an expansion vessel which is on hinges, it
swings out of the way if you need to get at the bits behind it.

http://www.youtube.com/v/0nHjm19Oi6I&rel=0&hl=en

Don