Posted to rec.woodworking
wb8nbs wb8nbs is offline

Default 4" number templates for router needed

On Mar 27, 10:12*am, Larry Jaques
wrote:
On Sat, 26 Mar 2011 22:17:15 -0700, "Ralph Compton"

wrote:
What it is, the state building/fire codes require that the address number in
front of a residence be in numbers at least 4" tall *and 6" tall for
businesses. *So if I want to do an address sign I need to do it in these
sizes.

I have googled but don't find such a thing. *Doing freehand is not practical
for my project.

I'd like to have templates for both 4" and 6" numbers as well as letters..

Any suggestions?

If this is a one shot project, you can print letters any size from a
word processor program. Glue the printout to plywood and cut it out.
Set the word processor to do an outline of the font and it will be
easier to cut.

Also see: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUGkroZus_Y and
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtm4u583YOQ