Posted to rec.woodworking
Bill[_37_] Bill[_37_] is offline

Default 4" number templates for router needed

J. Clarke wrote:
In articleJMqdnS81BYvCVRPQnZ2dnUVZ_rudnZ2d@earthlink .com,
says...

What it is, the state building/fire codes require that the address number in
front of a residence be in numbers at least 4" tall and 6" tall for
businesses. So if I want to do an address sign I need to do it in these
sizes.

I have googled but don't find such a thing. Doing freehand is not practical
for my project.

I'd like to have templates for both 4" and 6" numbers as well as letters.

Any suggestions?

Choose an appropriate font, print the numbers out in the size you need,
glue the paper to some masonite, take your jigsaw, and cut them out.
You now have templates.

I did that once in MS-Word, it let me spread my letters across 30" in a
gentle arc and print it in 3 pages. I was able to effortlessly
"test-fit" until it was just the size and look I wanted. Of course,
reviewing the orginal question, my letter were not 4 or 6 inches, but
only half that, so YMMV.

Bill

Ralph
So. Calif.