Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
John John is offline

Default OT-SSDI going broke

Snag wrote:
John wrote:
In the last six months i have had about eight phone calls of people
"looking " for a job. In reality they just wanted a name for their
unemployment office so they could continue getting benefits. What
****es me off most is that one guy said that he paid in to UC and he
deserved the money back. I as an employer pay in except for maybe a
.0006 percent contribution by the employee, which amounts to about 25
bucks a year. Did you ever watch who parks in the handicapped
parking places. Most of them are a bunch of fakers just like a lot
of the people on the government dole, and the ones that really need
the help don't get it.

John

Since it looked like as much or more work to get an extension at the end
of my 6 months of U/C checks , I started a handyman business . Not doing so
well , as everyone else is as broke as I am , but I'm tryin' . And my wife
absolutely LOVES comin' home from work to the aroma of dinner on the stove
(or grill ...) .
Now that the weather has warmed up some , I'm getting more calls , but
it's still pretty slim pickin's . Looks like I'll have plenty of time for he
garden again this year...

Almost everyone I have ever hired has been a walk in or by reference
from someone I know. I have a bunch of projects sitting, waiting to get
done but I don't have the time to micro supervise someone that can't
think on his own two feet. I hired one person about two months ago
who was out of work. Very good person with good work ethics. He is that
good that I gave him a big raise beginning next month. I don't want to
loose a good worker.

If I were looking for handyman work I would try the smaller commercial
businesses.

John