Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Sunworshipper[_2_] Sunworshipper[_2_] is offline

Default OT-SSDI going broke

On Sun, 27 Mar 2011 09:41:50 -0800, "PrecisionmachinisT"
wrote:

"Steve B" wrote in message

"azotic" wrote in message
SSDI, created to assist people who have stopped working because of
physical or mental-health problems, has become one of the largest federal
entitlement plans, paying $124 billion of benefits in 2010. The number of
beneficiaries jumped to 10.2 million in 2010 from 6.6 million in 2000.

The program's spending has grown so rapidly that it is projected to run
out of money in four to seven years unless Congress intervenes.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...926111240.html

One might think some people are willing to commit

fraud when thier unemployment insurance runs out.

Best Regards

Tom.

When you make getting free money from the government easier than going out
and getting a job, it brings out the worst in people.

Yeah, people just love being disabled...

They are quitting their jobs, losing their houses & cars, and having their
families fractured so that they can enjoy the privilege of shopping with
food stamps and having to beg for gas money only to have their driver
license revolved for driving to the the welfare office without valid auto
insurance.......having to sleep in their mothers garage, to idly spend their
free time shivering at the freeway on-amp begging for a hand-out in freezing
weather...

Yup--it's great fun enduring constant pain from rotten teeth and having to
collect aluminum cans and walk 4 miles to the metal recyclers in order to
buy a used tire for a 30 year old beat up oil burning gas guzzler so that
you can get to the the home depot and beg for under-the-table work as a
casual laborer ...or to not be able to read because your eyeglasses broke
and you can't afford a new pair of glasses.

Damn straight--It's the new American Dream....and people are lining up for
it, taking numbers..

That is astounding, have you been through that?

I have. Even had to move cause the cop knew I needed the glasses. & I
had a job.

SW