Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Green Robert Green is offline

Default OT Unfunded liabilities and bad projections (was OT Wisconsin public workers)

"HeyBub" wrote in message
m...
Robert Green wrote:

California is to our
food chain what the ocean is to Japan. I believe the revolts we're
seeing in Arabia are more about the rising cost of food than politics.

Correct. The top agricultural products of California a

* Tree nuts - $3.1 billion
* Fruits & fruit products - $3 billion
* Vegetables - $2 billion
* Dairy - $838 million

It is not for nothing that California is known as "The land of fruits and
nuts."

Why do I always feed you such wonderful straight lines?

Seriously, though, I expect that we're due for a real ass-kicking disaster
now that it's clear that the Feds and state and local governments haven't
been saving for a rainy day, but in fact are spending as if there is no
tomorrow. Maybe they're right. It's been 100 years since the great Frisco
quake and we've been remarkably lucky in the recent round of earthquake
roulette. 0 and 00 are still on the wheel, waiting.

--
Bobby G.