Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Repair or replace

On Sun, 27 Mar 2011 00:53:38 -0400, "Ed Pawlowski"
wrote:

Repair or replace. That question often comes up here. I had two examples in
the past week.

I have a Rubbermaid mailbox and post that wad damaged in the snowstorms.
Replacement post, delivered $54
New mailbox and post $52

I've always had doubts about Rubbermain mailboxes.

For one thing, doesn't the mail get wet when you do the dishes?

In your case, if it's rubber, why didn't the post bend and bounce back
when the snow sat on it or the car hit it?

The light under the kitchen cabinet burned out. It is a fluorescent fixture
that takes an F15 bulb
Replacement bulb $6.88
New fixture including bulb $6.96
The fixture is "assembled in USA" too.

Makes one wonder how they do the pricing of this stuff.

It's a puzzlement.