Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Howard Eisenhauer[_2_] Howard Eisenhauer[_2_] is offline

Default Turning shallow recess- Part 2

On Sat, 26 Mar 2011 20:21:20 -0700, wrote:

Here is what I did:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27683124@N07/5562240999/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/2768312...n/photostream/

In the end I did the whole think using a brazed carbide AR bit. I had
some issues with holding the 1/2" boring bars Jim W. suggested so I
thought I would stick with familiar implements.

The diameter is spot on 5.401" - a slip fit for a 5.400" face ring.

I shall try turning the ring in this contraption within the next few
days. When I have decided whether to go with superglue or double-sided
sticky tape :-)

Michael Koblic,
Campbell River, BC

Just make sure you pick something that stays stuck when it gets warm.

H.