Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
PrecisionmachinisT PrecisionmachinisT is offline

Default I hate can openers!!

"Steve B" wrote in message

"PrecisionmachinisT" wrote

..still need to rack 10 gallons of beer
into kegs--

My list of to do's is shortening, and my beer making is rotating up. I
just have about everything I need, just need to set up and do it. Am
looking forward to some homebrewed porter and darker ales. Made one Corny
of porter, and it was great. Just need to get the stuff set up so that it
doesn't take longer to get everything together than to actually brew and
ferment it ............ My aim is to have a full CO2 setup with about
four Cornies in the fridge at any given time. I have just about decided
not to bottle, or do so on very limited runs.

Finished kegging, one is an IPA the other an Imperial Russian Stout--both
are in the fridge chilling prior to force carbonation which I will probably
do using the MR Deburr vibro machine tomorrow or so...The older keg still
had a gallon or so of beer in it, I put it outside ontop of the heat pump
condensor unit which should keep it ten or so degrees below outdoors
ambient. My current fridge only holds 2 kegs, I sold my True glass door
commercial fridge a while back...

Lost some time messing around with one of the cornies ( recent craigslist
aquisition ) that was leaking where the "out fitting" attaches...I had
bought 5 of them for $50 from the guy and the rest of them seem fine so I'm
still doing good on the deal...I think I have 8 kegs total now but at least
two of them are leakers...rarely do I have more than 3 of them in use...

As to bottling, same here--it's just too much work....I still have a
gazillion bottles I need to take to recycler or give away on craiglist soon
I guess.

Fun and interesting hobby...

Oh almost forgot--the can opener I have was made by "can o matic"...judging
from the look of it probably from the mid 50's if I had to hazard a guess.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/37399441@N07/3485707625/

http://www.google.com/images?um=1&hl...&aqi=&aql=&oq=