Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default B&Q prices

On 26/03/2011 23:35, Bolted wrote:
On Mar 26, 4:52 pm, wrote:

When I wanted some door stops SF was much less than B&Q but I didn't want 50
and SF's are hard plastic and B%Q'a are rubber. Paid about 60% of SF's price
for 6 stops but got what I wanted (and didn't have to find a use for 44 door
stops!).

And if you had gone to Toolstation you'd have got something even
rougher for a bit less.

Toolstation IMHO has a clear strategy of going for two audiences. One
is brand names (amongst it some very high quality stuff) at a decent
but not exceptional discount. I'll buy that stuff from them.

Then there's the rest, all of which seems to be aimed at meeting a
price point which is lower than elsewhere. I've tried that a few
times but its always been well...

I'd agree some of the stuff is dodgy, mainly the 'Silverline' brand -
there seems to be some connection?

Overall, I'm more than happy with Toolstation.

Screwfix's prices have gone north, and on a lot of things is absurd,
but their own-brand quality seems a lot better to me.

Certainly agree on the prices, but still much cheaper than
B&Q/Wickes/Homobase.