Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT Are taxes killing us financially?

On Fri, 25 Mar 2011 19:23:26 -0700, Rich Grise
wrote:

F. George McDuffee wrote:
On Fri, 25 Mar 2011 11:08:05 -0700, Rich Grise
KD7HB wrote:

Of course, the lawyers, the "PC" professional corporations, are exempt!

What a screwed up mess.

Why do people so steadfastly refuse that there's no such thing as a
corporate tax, at least not the way the politics of envy sees it. To
a corporation, no matter how much you tax them, from their point of
view, it's just part of the cost of doing business, and the only place
they get the money to pay it is from their customers. When you raise
corporate taxes, all you're doing is raising the price you pay for
products.

===========
This is another argument which seems plausible and appealing
on the surface.

The problem is that if corporations are [largely] exempted
from taxes this introduces severe economic distortions in
the free market which depends on transparent pricing to
operate.

Oh, come on. Every tax is ultimately paid out of the pocket of
some individual human being. As I've said, the corporation itself
couldn't care less - if you want to nail them, nail the _people_
who are responsible.

There _is_ an answer, however, but nobody seems to want to hear it:

The National Purchase Tax:

Wanna tax "the Rich?"
Replace the Income Tax with an Outgo Tax.

Like the VAT, which is doing so well in commie Euroville with their
50% tax rates?

The rate might have to start a little higher at first, until we get
Obammy the Commy's astronomical deficit paid down, but if we could
also get rid of the armies of unelected bureaucrats, that would help
a lot.

Governments are always being efficient and lowering rates, aren't
they?

Tell me again how this is a Libertarian idea, Rich?

--
Make the best use of what is in your power,
and take the rest as it happens.