Tom Watson

Default Thoughts On Why We Are Getting Our Ass Kicked

On Thu, 5 Feb 2004 21:13:08 -0600, "Greg O"
wrote:

Then can you imagine shipping containers of bricks from overseas, and
getting them here cheaper than they can be made down the road a piece! You
would think that freight would kill the price differance.
Greg

A twenty foot shipping container, which is more or less 20' x 8' x 8'
and is rated for 35,000 pounds costs about $4000.00 to ship from
Shanghai to a West Coast port.

Now, can you imagine how much cheaper the goods must be in order to
make shipping them cost effective?

Thomas J. Watson - Cabinetmaker (ret.)
(Real Email is tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet)
http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1/