Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim K[_3_] Jim K[_3_] is offline

Default B&Q prices

On Mar 26, 2:23 pm, The Medway Handyman
wrote:
On 26/03/2011 00:49, H. Neary wrote:

On Fri, 25 Mar 2011 23:35:30 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

Was repairing an old UK built amp today and noticed one of the rubber feet
was missing. It was held in place by a self tapper - a bit like a small
seat buffer. Perhaps a 1/2" in diameter.

So had a look in B&Q to see if they had something similar. They had, but
self adhesive. And 3.68 for four. For four small pieces of plastic.
Perhaps people don't look at what things cost these days - relying on a
fair pricing policy?

I didn't buy them.

A lot of their stuff is a total rip off. Homebase seem the worst for
overcharging though.

Couldn't agree more. Total rip off prices.

Although they have a more limited stock the quality and price of the
stuff at Wickes isn't bad.

A bit better, but nowhere near the internet sellers. Now Toolstation
will deliver over 10 free I buy loads from them.

The B&Q Tradepoint Card baffles me. I have 2 B&Q normal stores & a
massive B&Q depot in the area. The 2 small B&Q's accept the Tradepoint
card & sometimes I get a discount, other times not.

It depends on whether or not the item is on the Tradepoint catalogue or
not, but there is no indication of the shelves as to which is & which isn't.

Bit of a lottery.

Wanted a tube of white silicone t'other day, they had 3 makes all at
silly prices. Had to find a Tradepoint catalouge & look to see which
was in there.

Had a chat with the store manager & I'm not alone. He has had loads of
similar questions and wants the price label to have a TP symbol on it,
but his area manager says it won't happen.

course if (t)he(y) really wanted the pro business he would get a drone
to go round the store with a green felt tip and mark the more popular
products' shelf edge tickets to indicate a Trade Point to "those in
the know".... 1/2 a day should do it enough to make it work??

Jim K