Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Japan Nuclear Problem

On Sat, 26 Mar 2011 11:55:26 +0000, Ronald Raygun wrote:

Radiation levels should be measured in terms of Sieverts per unit
of time. Unfortunately most journalists (and most of the general
public) don't know this, and when the news reports omit the unit
of time in question, then we lose any useful information.

Very true and I apologise for omitting the time element.

The microsieverts tend to be per hour, don't they? Or is it per
day? And isn't the 100 millisieverts a human lifetime limit?

Not as I understand it from the times that the reports get it right
with a unit of time. I think natural background is around a few
uSv/year, exposure limits are around a few hundred mSv/hr.

--
Cheers
Dave.