Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

Default Replace wooden driveway gate

On Mar 25, 1:50*pm, Higgs Boson wrote:
My old driveway gate -- what's left of it after the termites have
finished -- is badly in need of replacement. *Online, I found
instructions for building such a gate at eHow Home. *Yes, I know it's
a simple job, but I don't have the tools or facilities to DIY.

I looked on-line for "wooden driveway gates" but found nothing
anywhere near my very low price range.

This is a narrow driveway beside an old house. *It was built in
conjunction with nabe fence. *It hangs off wooden posts embedded in
concrete. *Posts look OK.

This is a pricey area for skilled labor [I was just quoted $95/hr for
labor to replace a simple bathroom sink!!!!]

Any hope of my buying the materials and hoping for a good enuff
laborer from the kind *that waits for work outside the local building
company (Bourget Brothers).

If you have experience, would appreciate a breakdown of labor/
materials.

TIA

HB

Hire a pro and use the time you save for something important. Get bids
first. The only skill you need is to write the check and enjoy the
result.

Joe