Posted to alt.home.repair

Default New valve stems - unequal water pressure

Score! Thanks for sharing what worked.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

wrote in message

No need to be very concerned as long as you can get along
with it. It'll
continue to get slower and slower for years until yuo get
to the point you
feel it needs to be fixed.
Steel pipes are worse than copper is worse than plastic.
Well water is
worse than city water as a rule, not always.

Your comment about pipes getting clogged made me get out one
of the
few tools I use comfortably, the flashlight. Found there
was a build
up of what I assume were calcium deposits in the seat (?),
so I
gingerly loosened it with a screwdriver, turned on the water
to try to
blow it out of there and voila, seemingly normal flow.

Thanks for the ideas.