Tom Watson

Default Thoughts On Why We Are Getting Our Ass Kicked

On Fri, 06 Feb 2004 02:27:42 GMT, wrote:

Part of the problem is that the bums get to write the laws so that they
aren't affected. What other job gives a pension if you ever get hired,
no matter how long you stay? I've never had a job that let me vote
myself a raise, or take money from people to get the job in the first
place. Politicians are interested in taking money from anyone who
offers it and paying them back by granting favors if they get elected.
As long as that isn't seen as illegal this country will continue to go
down the tubes. Don't expect them to pass laws making it illegal.
Dave in Fairfax

So, run for office.

I'll send you a coupla bucks.

If I get to go to one of them big dinners and eat my fill of chicken.

Ain't it just so appropriate that low level political dinners serve
chicken?

My guess is that the menu is different on the level where the serious
money gets thrown around.

Thomas J. Watson - Cabinetmaker (ret.)
(Real Email is tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet)
http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1/