Charlie Self

Default Thoughts On Why We Are Getting Our Ass Kicked

GRL notes:

The light at the end of the tunnel is that really low labor rates cannot
last as a country develops economically. Remember when stuff from Japan was
cheap?

True, but we're not going to enjoy the trip downhill.

I remember when Japanese stuff was cheap, and crappy. First cigaret lighter I
bought after losing my USMC Zippo was an imitation Zippo...checked it out and
it was a U.S. beer can turned inside out and re-formed. Of course, that was
back in the days a tin can was made of steel and coated with tin and had some
material in it. It was a challenge to crush a beer can with one hand, after
chugging the beer. Today, it's not much of a challenge to crush a full beer can
with one hand.

Charlie Self
"A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other
way." Mark Twain
http://hometown.aol.com/charliediy/m.../business.html