Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Ping: Dave Liquorice or Dave Plowman

In article ,
Manticore wrote:
Someone suggested a possible solution would be to take a ringtone (I'm
using the 'digital phone' at the moment but also have a recording of a
BT type 706 phone ringing, which I like) and re-record it at a higher
volume. I don't know how the phone itself would handle this but my
actual question is, is it possible to take one recording and re-record
it louder, and if so, what software would I need to do this?

My guess is this wouldn't help much. It's likely to be the sounder or the
amp driving it that's not up to the job rather than the signal level.

However, pretty well any software designed for recording an audio signal
will have the ability to alter the level.

--
*It's a thankless job, but I've got a lot of Karma to burn off

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.