Posted to alt.home.repair
Vic Smith Vic Smith is offline

Default OT Crappy banking part 2

On Thu, 24 Mar 2011 15:51:17 -0500, "HeyBub"
wrote:

Yes, Chase has a pretty good online interaction.

Still, after 23 years of free corporate checking, they are now charging
$15/month.

Then, too, recently I walked up to the teller and asked for two rolls of
quarters while placing a $20 bill in the slot. She wanted my debit card -
"to make sure I was a bank customer" she said. I found out the real reason
two days ago.

The bank charged me fifty cents to change a twenty into quarters!

That's why I didn't recommend them except for the online part.
They got me for a 15 buck charge when my checking went below a min
balance.
I didn't read something they sent me that changed the rules.
So I happened to be in there getting something notarized and asked
about that charge. What happened was explained, and the gal said
she could change that min balance back to the zero it was, and she did
that on the spot. I asked about getting the 15 buck charge reversed
and she basically said "Don't even think about it."
Couple weeks ago we cashed in a small IRA CD we had there for about 10
years. Took the pre-59 1/2 penalty hit so barely broke even.
Main reason we did that is they had worked it down from the original
5% APR to .10% APR.
Screw them. I can be a prick too.
They start screwing me I'll take my money elsewhere for a dime better
deal. I'll stop just short of cutting off my nose.

For now they get to use the average balance I keep in my no interest
checking account to pay bills using their system for free.
At today's interest rates it's a good enough trade.

Since the feds recently ruled that banks cannot charge unconscionable fees
for credit cards, overdrafts, etc., from the slugs of society, the bank has
to make up the lost revenue by sticking it to the righteous.

Laws don't work well with crooks.
Surprised the teller was dishonest about charging for the quarters.
What's with the "slot" at a bank?
Rough neighborhood?

--Vic