Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default OT, Libya, Japan

DGDevin wrote:
"HeyBub" wrote in message
m...

You make some valid points - there are certainly non-muslim
tyrannical regimes (California comes to mind).

Haw! Free elections every four years, that you don't like the
outcomes doesn't make it tyranny. Why is when you right-wingers win
an election you cheer the will of the people, but when you lose an
election you cry tyranny?

Huh? We cry tyranny when we WIN an election. Just last week the mayor of
Miami (a Republican) was recalled from office with 79% of the vote
(including ALL Republicans) when he raised local taxes.

But I wasn't referring to specific party loyalties - I meant more of how the
civil government functions. Regulations out the kazoo, taxes, restrictions
of every kind.

Still, if one gives credence to the notion: "In recent times, one
cannot say all Muslims are terrorists, but one CAN say all
terrorists are Muslims,"

Only if one is an imbecile.

Would you care to guess which ethnic/religious group has committed
more acts of terrorism on U.S. soil than any other? The answer is
Hispanic, in large part because of the activities of Puerto Rican
nationalist groups. Guess which group is in the number two spot. Jews.
Yup, the Jewish Defense League and similar groups have
committed enough acts the law considers terrorism to be in second
place. Wonder who is in third: Muslims, white supremacists,
eco-terrorists?

If you sub-select with a fine-enough comb in order to bolster your point,
you could probably say that the greatest number of terrorist acts in
Allegheny County, Pennsylvania were committed by members of the Whiskey
Rebellion in 1791.

I'm not saying Islam *in some forms* isn't a problem. Frankly the
whole religion needs something like The Enlightenment to catch up
with the 21st century.

Yep. The Muslims are in the middle of their own "Dark Ages." Give 'em 500 to
1000 years, and they might catch up with the west.

But when you consider the
religiously-inspired nonsense many fundamentalist Christians spout in
America, we have to make some allowances for people in places where
they went straight from colonial status with no elected
representation to a nation run by whoever American and British
corporations wanted in charge.

Actually, I don't even think about religiously-inspired nonsense.

Then, too, we've seen that "hope" is not a strategy; regrettably, we
must kill great numbers of people in order to save them.

It's precisely that attitude which creates more trouble down the
road. The people in those countries where the U.S. has propped up
various thugs and dictators over the decades have long memories. If
you think they haven't figured out that all you really care about is
their oil (or minerals, or agricultural products, or strategic
location) then you're only fooling yourself. Wondering why they hate
America when America was the sugar daddy behind the tyrant whose
secret police dragged off their kids for forty years (as in Egypt)
really takes a special form of mental density.

Psst! They will NEVER love us, no matter what we do. And we have had
successes. Panama. Grenada. New Orleans.