Posted to uk.d-i-y
harry harry is offline

Default Double glazing

On Mar 24, 5:17*pm, Adrian Brentnall wrote:
On 24/03/2011 17:16, harry wrote:

On Mar 24, 1:47 pm, *wrote:
On 24/03/2011 12:26, wrote:

On Mar 24, 11:24 am, * *wrote:
We've had some building work done which included 4 tall slim dg panels,
3200x600.

I've had 2300*500mm (with gothic arched tops) made up by a local
glazer, for about 70 quid per unit.

But that is getting up to a size where flexing during handling may
crack a unit, due to length/width ratio.

Seems like that's the worry for the glaziers.
I have found a manufacturer now, and local, who say they can do it.
Strange, because current glazier, also local, said these panes could not
be made!
There is a bit of history here, lots of porkies and no-shows.
So I'll be treading softly all the while making it clear that I have
their number!

--
R100RT
Aprilia Pegaso 650 IE "The Flying Mythos"

I suspect you will find out in a month or two. *It's possible they
might crack.

Really ? Why ?- Hide quoted text -

Only takes a slight twisting of thef rame. Most doors/windows get a
lot of their strenght/stiffness from the glass, this has little.