Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Neville Robert Neville is offline

Default PEX sillcock hard to find?

RicodJour wrote:

You're worrying about something so small as to be indistinguishable
from nothing. If you had said that you wanted an all-PEX solution I
wouldn't say boo, but you said you're worrying about leaks. I don't
see that one connection is enough of a worry to warrant special
ordering something or paying a price premium.

Furthermore, crimping PEX directly to the valve means you can't ever replace the
valve in the future should it be become corroded, frozen or leaking. Sounds dumb
to me - I would use the standard PEX-Female adapter.