Posted to alt.home.repair
bpuharic bpuharic is offline

Default best carpet protection

On Thu, 24 Mar 2011 06:46:14 -0500, "HeyBub"
wrote:

bpuharic wrote:
On Wed, 23 Mar 2011 20:49:51 -0400, aemeijers
wrote:

On 3/23/2011 8:00 PM, bpuharic wrote:
have 2 poodles (standard) and 1 sloppy wife. getting new carpet next
monday....other than changing the household, what's the BEST carpet
protection available to protect 1100 sq ft of carpet? thanks much

I presume wife is an enthusiastic cook/indoor gardener, and not leaky
like the poodles?
But seriously- what are you thinking? Carpet is contra-indicated in
your environment. As much as I hate laminate, put down some of that,
and buy a couple dozen small rubber-backed throw rugs, that can fit
in the big-boy washer at the laundromat, or survive manual cleaning
at the coin-op car wash. (After which you hang them over the fence
till they drain enough to roll up and put back in the car. If you
have a truck, you can hang them over your own fence till they dry.)

we have laminate in the kitchen. looks good, but dont want it for the
rest of the house...might try scotchguard

While laminate is the biggest bang for the buck, there are alternatives.

One of which is an electric fence for the dogs... and maybe the wife.

but she keeps the remotes...