Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default OT Crappy banking part 2

Vic Smith wrote:
On Thu, 24 Mar 2011 14:06:14 -0500, Metspitzer
wrote:

I am changing ISPs so I have to change my email address. The first
email address I changed was my bank. Well today I got another email
from my bank to the old email address that will expire in about 4
days.

My bank was originally South Trust and they went to Wells Fargo. My
credit card was also South Trust. The email I got was from Wells
Fargo credit card rewards. So I called the bank and asked why the
email was still coming to the old address. The guy said...that was a
separate account. I could either log on to that web site or talk to
someone else in another department. I asked to do it over the phone,
and told him that setting up another username/password is very
inconvenient. He asked if I wanted the other number for my records.
I politely told him.............no.

I was transferred to the other department for a new recording. I
then had to go back to my records (in another room from my computer)
to provide them with my account number again. I was put on hold for
a min or two and then.....I am sorry we can't complete this
transaction.........click.

I've used the same bank for years without problems.
Went through 3 name changes, now it's Chase.
Not recommending it except the online stuff works well.
I use Quicken to interface for most bill paying and there's no charge.
Suits me because they have a nearby branch and cash machines.
Also use their rewards CC. Both are available logging into one
account.
You can change online payee address easily.
You should ask around about what works locally.
No reason not to change banks except the hassle of changing direct
deposits and any automatic withdrawals.
Keep the old account open a while until all is final..
I went through that ISP change hassle until I created a free Yahoo
mail account.
If you save all records to your PC you can do all business from there.
Need to keep backups, and you can still keep paper if you want.

Yes, Chase has a pretty good online interaction.

Still, after 23 years of free corporate checking, they are now charging
$15/month.

Then, too, recently I walked up to the teller and asked for two rolls of
quarters while placing a $20 bill in the slot. She wanted my debit card -
"to make sure I was a bank customer" she said. I found out the real reason
two days ago.

The bank charged me fifty cents to change a twenty into quarters!

Since the feds recently ruled that banks cannot charge unconscionable fees
for credit cards, overdrafts, etc., from the slugs of society, the bank has
to make up the lost revenue by sticking it to the righteous.