Posted to alt.home.repair
bob bob is offline

Default PEX sillcock hard to find?

I'm going to replace a burst pipe feeding a sillcock (outdoor faucet) with a
PEX pipe, and also replace the sillcock with one that has a PEX connector.

Surprisingly, the local homedepot doesn't have such thing as a sillcock with
PEX connector. I can get a sillcock with a 3/4 inch female screw connector,
plus a 3/4 male screw-to-PEX adapter, but I much prefer a one-piece solution
to reduce chances of leaks.

So I look online and search for "sillcock PEX". There are many hits, but all
of the product photos show the connectors to be non PEX. Here's one example:
http://www.amazon.com/Frost-Free-Sil.../dp/B003QSLFTS
I don't want to order and then find out it is indeed non PEX connector and
have to return it.

I also found this:
http://www.arrowheadbrass.com/op_cha.../127/0/0/0/0/0
It has the right product photo, but I've never heard of this company and am
unsure about its reliability.

Suggestions?