Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Fardeen Fardeen is offline

Default Oral-b Braun electronic toothbrush problem

On Mar 21, 7:39*pm, "(PeteCresswell)" wrote:
Per Sylvia Else:

Buy a new one.

But be prepared for some sticker shock.

The one I had (that just went South couple days ago) cost less
than 15 USD a couple of years ago.

The cheapest Oral-B I could find retail around here was close to
eighty dollars.

Finally wound up paying $100 for a two-pack of "Professional
1000" models at Sam's Club - figuring that the extra twenty was
well spent against the day when one failed again.

I'm thinking all this is some kind of marketing ploy by Oral-B,
since Colgate offers electric toothbrushes at under $10 - albeit
not with the reciprocating action of the Oral-B.
--
PeteCresswell

Fascinating!