Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim White Jim White is offline

Default Double glazing

In message
Jeweller wrote:

We've had some building work done which included 4 tall slim dg panels,
3200x600.
We've been told that such panels are unavailable and transoms will have
to be fitted. Technical reasons were quoted re the desiccant in the
space bars and the guarantees.

[snip]

Your glaziers are telling you lies.
There may be problems for them from their usual (cheap) source, but that
is not your problem.

Units over 3m. can be awkward to source, but if you go to someone like
Pilkingtons it's no problem, although the lead time can be a pain.

Hold them to the design they quoted for, even if it means they have to
temporary glaze with a single plate until your units are manufactured.

Re dessicant, I would expect something like this to be Argon filled, so
that is not an issue.

--
Jim White
Wimbledon London England