Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Meat Plow[_5_] Meat Plow[_5_] is offline

Default Braun 4737 shaver.

On Thu, 24 Mar 2011 05:24:22 -0700, William Sommerwerck wrote:

The odd thing is, while the motor runs OK with NiMh cells, it [sic]
cuts out if the charger is plugged in -- that doesn't happen with
NiMh cells fitted.

I'm a bit confused as to what the /exact/ problem is. Could you
clarify? What exactly is "it" that cuts out? The charging? The motor?

The motor cuts out.

Thanks.

That's got me scratching my head. Why should the battery type have any
effect whatsoever on whether the charger powers the motor?

Does the motor run when no battery is installed?

My Norelco when completely discharged will run very slow at first when on
AC. This lasts only for a few seconds.

--
Live Fast Die Young, Leave A Pretty Corpse