Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
David Billington David Billington is offline

Default OT - Anyone watching the Japanesee Nuke situtation closely?

Wes wrote:
David Billington wrote:

That led to a quick search, shame the big boy is now retired as that had
the capacity to lift the genset.
http://www.aerospaceweb.org/question...rs/q0284.shtml .

David,

Thanks for an interesting read. I learned something tonight. I *thought* the skycrane
was the heaviest lift helo until tonight.

Wes

Wes,

I was surprised and I thought the odd looking helicopter, the
Sikorsky CH-54, was the heaviest lift and Soviet but turns out to be
nowhere near the heaviest lift, that featured in a Hollywood movie
lifting a bus IIRC. Must have been embarrassing for the Chinook to be
picked up by the Soviet MI-26 but what the hell Sikorsky was Russian
to start with.