Posted to uk.d-i-y
fred fred is offline

Default Census/DIY direct action against Lockheed Martin

In article , Adrian
writes
fred gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

AFAIUI, this will be the last one. When the current gov came in they
said[1] that the cost couldn't be justified and that they already had
sufficiently accurate alternatives for planning of services. The only
joke was that they said they couldn't stop the new one as it had already
gone too far.

[1] Can't find a cite for this anywhere so I may have dreamt/wished it.

Google for "Census 2021", plenty of references.

Ah, didn't think of that thanks. First few hits have quotes pretty much
as I remembered them.

They've said they will, but that's not sufficient. A "Census (abolition)
act" would need to pass parliament and be adopted into law in order to
repeal the existing legal requirement for a census every ten years.

I hope they do, "expensive and inaccurate" pretty well sums it up for
me.
--
fred