Posted to alt.home.repair
Charlie[_7_] Charlie[_7_] is offline

Default A dinmmable substitute for an incadescent bulb

"Tegger" wrote in message
"Charlie" wrote in
:

We have a ceiling fan with a light fixture over the kitchen table.
There are a pair of 100 watt bulbs in the lamp.The lamp has been on
wall dimmer for a dozen years.
I have a small stash of 100watt bulbs tucked away while waiting for a
good bulb substitute.

Last week we were at Sam's Club. Here's what I found

A 4-pack of bulbs, made in China (of course) branded GE.
They have a clear glass envelope the size of a standard 100 watt bulb.
Inside is a small halogen bulb.

Halogen bulbs ARE incandescent. That's why you can dim them so easily.

--
Tegger

Please don't shoot the messenger!

GE, on the packaging, prominently says they are an "incandescent
replacement."
In the finer print it says "traditional incandescent."