Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default No new nukes for UK???

Tim Streater wrote:
In article ,
Peter Scott wrote:

If things were different, I would call myself an environmentalist, but
I get depressed at the poverty of many of the opinions that are
touted. One such area is genetic modification. Instinctively I am
against it until proven safe. However GM soya, tomatoes and maize have
now been eaten for a couple of decades without any apparent problems
arising. I am happy to change my mind, as we certainly need speedy
evolution of more hardy crops if we are not to starve.

Indeed, but I'm not aware that anyone against GM ever came up with a
sound reason that it might be bad for you.

The tow arguments that I thought were valid were that it might go mad
and breakout and take over habitats, and the exact reverse, it would be
essentially sterile, and thereby leave people addicted to more GM seeds
for their crops.