Posted to uk.d-i-y
Peter Scott Peter Scott is offline

Default No new nukes for UK???

On 22/03/2011 07:59, Tim Watts wrote:
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...s-cold-on-new-
plants-in-fukushimas-wake-2248937.html

Well, I hope the 37% like being cold and dark.

It's the fact the rest of us will suffer if people listen to them that
bothers me...

I think that the press must carry blame for the opposition. After the
events in Japan, countries would be mad not to 'review' their reactors.
Some of the media are using this word to mean 'think again' instead of
its correct meaning of 'make sure we're OK'.

This really couldn't have come at a better time. We need, at the least,
some new reactors, and this will force the ones ordering them to make
sure the designs that they are ordering are up to it, with respect to
safety.