Posted to alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default (OT) Microsoft Newsgroups

On 3/22/2011 10:57 PM, Smitty Two wrote:
In articleVK6dnWwFQ6j2wxTQnZ2dnUVZ_sOdnZ2d@giganews. com,
wrote:

Recent Macs, mebbe. Lotta old Macs out there, and they are pretty durable.

Yeah, tell me about it. Unfortunately, obsolescence is forced on us. My
mac is gettin' pretty long in the tooth. But it has all the speed,
power, and memory that I need or want. Still, I can barely surf the web
anymore, because all three of my browsers are ancient. I can't upgrade
them, because the OS is too old. And I can't update the OS, because the
computer is too old. It sucks, but I'm very close to throwing it in the
trash (uh, I mean, taking it to the electronics "recycler") and ponying
up for a new one.

At least offer it on freecycle or post it for $1 on CL. Some poor SOB
out there may have a dead one of similar vintage, and you can put him
back in business. It is a sin to bury or scrap any running equipment-
somebody somewhere can make use of it.

--
aem sends...