Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] shellyf_DELETE_@hotmail.com is offline

Default (OT) Microsoft Newsgroups

On Mon, 21 Mar 2011 16:47:06 -0400, wrote:

(OT) The Microsoft newsgroups are no longer accessible from the
Microsoft Forums NNTP Bridge.
How does one now access the information which used to be accessible?
Typical newsgroup subjects we answers.en.w7.hardware;
answers.en.w7.network; and answere.en.w7.performance.
tia

I read all of the replies to the above question (my post) - thanks. I
have been told by Forte (Agent newsreader): "Microsoft has ended the
bridge so it is impossible to read any of these forums with a
newsreader, any newsreader. So it is not possible to read these groups
anymore with agent or any other newsreader."
The newsgroups, as to repliers posted, are at
http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/
This is a list of all available newsgroups, the source.
In my opinion this forum presentation is not even close to being as
efficient as the newsreaders. A step backwards for Microsoft
technology. But, more control for Microsoft.