Posted to uk.d-i-y
Old Codger[_4_] Old Codger[_4_] is offline

Default Need more pressure.

On 22/03/2011 09:39, John Rumm wrote:
On 21/03/2011 21:12, Old Codger wrote:

I live in a bungalow and have installed a shower which has pressure
which is arguably better than that of a pumped shower in a nearby house.

Are you sure you are not confusing pressure with flow rate?

They are related. Without adequate pressure you will not get adequate flow

You need 30' of head for 1 bar of pressure.

I believe a more accurate figure is 34 feet.

Even the most feeble shower pump will add at least 1 bar to the available pressure (assuming its
working properly)

That is as maybe but I can assure you that the output of my shower is
very acceptable and is arguably at a higher pressure (greater flow) than
from a brand new pumped shower that I installed in a nearby house. I
have experienced other pumped showers, not installed by me, and none had
a noticeably higher output than my gravity fed shower.

--
Old Codger
e-mail use reply to field