Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default OT, Libya, Japan

On Tue, 22 Mar 2011 05:51:24 -0500, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

On 3/22/2011 12:33 AM, mm wrote:
On Mon, 21 Mar 2011 23:06:20 -0500, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

On 3/21/2011 7:47 PM, mm wrote:
On Mon, 21 Mar 2011 18:11:38 -0500, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

On 3/21/2011 6:01 PM, DGDevin wrote:

"The Daring Dufas" wrote in message

I've been quite conservative on most issues for a long time, but I've
had to change my views on some things after giving them a lot of
thought. Evolve or die seems to be one way to look at it. Of course some
people don't believe in evolution.

You mean to tell me that y'alls ancestors was them dang monkeys?

That dingbat Tea Potter Christine O'Donnell says she knows evolution
isn't real because if it was real then monkeys would still be evolving
into humans and that isn't happening. So it would appear some of us
evolved, and others got in the wrong line.

I do believe genetic researchers have determined that we Homo sapiens
are the descendants of 10,000 or fewer mating pairs from Central Africa
something like 70,000 years ago. We're all from Africa and us White
folks are the mutants. ^_^

I never understood why white people live in Scandinavia, for example.
Wouldn't they be warmer if they were dark and absorbed more heat from
the sun?

And why do dark people live near the equator, where it's hot?
Wouldn't they be cooler if they were light and reflected more heat.

It's this little thing known as melanin which gives skin its dark color
which protects the skin from the Sun's harmful UV rays. The darker the
skin, the better protected you are from UV radiation. Pale skinned
humans get all the vitamin D they need by exposing their face and hands
to the Sun but our very dark skinned cousins have to take vitamin D
supplements to stay healthy if they move to a part of the world where
it's not a good idea to expose your skin to sub-freezing temperatures.
Besides, dark objects cool off quicker than light objects when the
source of radiant heat is removed. ^_^

I don't know. Sounds like a lot of liberal gobbledy-gook to me.

My letter to the UN is half-way finished. I think I can be done by
tomorrow.

mm my friend, I grew out of Liberalism many years ago, that's why I'm
so grouchy. HEY, YOU KIDS GET OFF MY LAWN!!! ^_^

I'm glad you brought this up. I can still add this kids on the lawn
problem to my letter to the UN. (I have it too.)

TDD