Posted to uk.d-i-y
Ghostrecon Ghostrecon is offline

Default No new nukes for UK???

On Tue, 22 Mar 2011 14:59:01 +0000, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

Another Dave wrote:
On 22/03/2011 09:36, Dave Liquorice wrote:

Simple enough to do with the "smart meters" that we are all supposed
to be getting. If you choose for an non-nuke tariff you also choose
to have your power cut at zero notice, for an indeterminate period
and no guaranteed "on" time. So a blustery day off for 5 mins on for
10 of again for 2 on for 3 off for 10 etc etc. Or a period of calm
for a few days, no power for a few days... I bet all but the hardiest
greenie would soon switch tariff.

Ooh! I love that idea. Maybe we could extend it so that they paid three
times as much too.

Id sign up to an 'all nuclear tarriff like a shot

Another Dave

+ with knobs on
--