Posted to alt.home.repair
Aaron FIsher Aaron FIsher is offline

Default How would you set up two 50 gallon hot water heaters in series?

On Mon, 14 Mar 2011 18:04:33 -0400, Colbyt wrote:
If I were running both at the same time, all the time, I would set the
first in the series a little lower, as low as fit my needs. ...
I would do this to save the standby loss on the first unit.

Interesting.

I might even turn OFF the first hot water heater (or set it to something
really low, like 50 degrees or something).

The only one who uses a lot of hot water is the teenager (and that kid
can freeze because there is no reason to take an hour-long shower anyway).

I wonder if this will affect the hot-water recirculating system adversely
though?