Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] vjp2.at@at.BioStrategist.dot.dot.com is offline

Default HDTV has no sound

Actually very faint sound at max vol w earphone but effectively silent.

It can't be the speakers because it does the same with two
different"speakers".

AM I right to think it is a capacitor in the amp circuit? The reason I doubt
is it does not respond to hitting/shaking. THe other thing is the faint
sound at high volume doesn't match past experience with amp capacitor
burnout.

THe unit is a Supersonic 7" 193a HDTV with a 12v power adaptor.

PS, is there any "electronics repair rules of thumb" cheat sheet anywhere?

- = -
http://www.panix.com/~vjp2/vasos.htm