Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Recommendation for electronics forums?

On 3/21/2011 1:10 PM Franc Zabkar spake thus:

On Sat, 19 Mar 2011 17:39:54 -0800, David Nebenzahl
put finger to keyboard and composed:

I'm looking for an online electronics forum (web-based) where I can
post some questions.

Don't get me wrong: I love, and usually prefer, Usenet. But I'm
trying to educate myself here, am working on a project, and a web
forum that allows one to post pictures would be better for my
purposes.

Here in Australia most ISPs offer free web space to their users. I use
my web space to post pictures and other binary data. Is that an option
for you?

It's an option I'm already using. Well, not through my ISP, but using
one of the dozens of free photo hosting sites out there. In fact, the
forum I'm using (see below) doesn't let me post pictures directly, so I
have to first post them to a hosting site, then give a link to the
picture in the forum posting. A little cumbersome, but not too bad.

The thing I like about the web forums (I'm using Electro-Tech now, as
suggested above) is that you can post pictures *in your message*. What a
concept! So rather than dicking around with "binary" newsgroups (which I
don't use anymore since I stopped downloading pron), I can post
schematics, etc., right in the message.

As I said, I still prefer Usenet for most online communication. But
these newfangled Web thingies sure have their good points.

--
The current state of literacy in our advanced civilization:

yo
wassup
nuttin
wan2 hang