Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Colin Horsley Colin Horsley is offline

Default Fake Audio Amp IC?

"Gareth Magennis" wrote in message
: Hi,
:
: I recently replaced the STK amplifier module in a Genelec speaker. These
: STK modules are not easy to find, but I did find one on the net, delivered
: from the far east, which was a quarter of the price of the official spares
: supplier here in the UK (HHB). I informed the customer prior to order, and
: he was happy to take the much cheaper part.
:
: Anyway it lasted 1 day before failing short circuit. Fortunately the
: drivers are not damaged.
: There are photos he
: http://postimage.org/image/1gb2ui0lg/
: http://postimage.org/image/2p2rdrs9w/
:
:
: The new looking part is a new part subsequently ordered from HHB. The old
: one with the mangled legs is the cheap failed device.
:
: Is anyone able to tell whether this might or might not be fake?
Open them up and have a look

Colin