Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Aluminum Milling Coolant ( AGAIN!!! )

Bob La Londe fired this volley in news:im8cst$jv$2
@news.eternal-september.org:

I did reread my post. A mist drawn in might cause an explosion if a
flammable coolant was used, because a brush motor "will" have sparking.
I guess I needed to spell it out more thoroughly. Figured most

people
would get that.

Here's what you wrote, after saying water-based was not satisfactory:

"There is a lot of air moving just from the spindle motor, and
there is a potential for sparks if a mist gets drawn into the motor."

The premise was stated that mist being drawn in would cause sparks.

The fact was that sparks are always there, and flammable mists are not
good. That ain't what you wrote. It isn't even close. You implied that
the mist would _cause_ the sparks.

LLoyd