Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Oral-b Braun electronic toothbrush problem

On Mon, 21 Mar 2011 13:42:36 -0400, "(PeteCresswell)"
wrote:

Up 'till then, I'd managed to scrub much of the enamel off of my
teeth by brushing too hard.

That's not the brush. It's the abrasive tooth paste. I used to use
tooth paste to "grind" radio crystals. If it will grind glass, it
will do the same to your teeth. Use baking soda, or like I do just
water. Incidentally, I haven't used tooth paste for the last 40+
years and still have all of my teeth except for one root canal.
Literally all the dental problems I've had were from undermined
fillings.

For a possible fix, there's also nano-particle enamel restorer.
http://kandaka.com/2006/12/07/nanoparticle-toothpaste-restores-enamel/
No clue if it works. It's been around for about 6 years so there
should be some reports available.

The one redeeming value of a motorized toothbrush is that it's great
for "stimulating" the gums. While tooth decay is a bummer, having a
perfectly good tooth fall out because the gum rotted out under it, is
even worse. Most people are too lazy to run the tooth brush over
their gums, but a motorized brush makes it easy and quick. If your
gums bleed when you brush, you're doing it wrong.

I bought some of the Oral-B throw away motorized toothbrushes to try
them out. Three for $15 at Costco. I think they're discontinued and
have been replaced by the ones that have a replacable battery. I'm
waiting for the battery to run down so I can tear it apart and see
what's inside. Maybe in a month or three.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D