Posted to alt.home.repair
bob haller bob haller is offline

Default Fix leak in DWV plastic pipe

On Mar 20, 2:56*pm, "Bob F" wrote:
ls02 wrote:
On Mar 20, 1:39 pm, "hr(bob) "
wrote:
On Mar 20, 12:01 pm, Mikepier wrote:

On Mar 20, 12:32 pm, ls02 wrote:

I have a minor leak in DWV Scheduler 40 plastic pipe joint when
tested (sewer line plugged with balloon plug). Unfortunately I
cannot cut the pipe fittings because multiple fittings are
connected to each other. The leak is a couple of drops of water
seeping through the joint. Is there way to fix this without
replacing the fittings?

If PVC glue does not work, try 5 minute 2 part epoxy , make sure no
one is using the drain for about 15 minutes or so

I think the OP may be referring to a building inspector runing a
presssure test, where they block the sewer line and pressurize the
rest of the line to see if there are any leaks.

Correct. I need to fix this to pass plumbing inspection. The sipping
leak is in vent pipe that never sees water anyway.

I wonder if silicon calk may seal the leak.

Hold a vacuum cleaner (with a rag seal) to the pipe so the pressure inside is
reduced. Then apply cement to the leak. The vacuum will draw the cement into the
leak. Remove the vacuum before the glue all gets sucked in. Let it cure, and
test again.- Hide quoted text -

has the inspector seen the leak? if so you might have to replace the
fittings, you can use ferncos to minimize how much must be replaced