Posted to alt.home.repair
Boris[_2_] Boris[_2_] is offline

Default Fuse Box Capacity?

"Twayne" wrote in
:

In 3.62,
Boris typed:
How is it that my main breaker is 100 amp service, and it
supplies power to a subpanel that has over 200 amps worth
of circuit breakers? That is, if each breaker were
pulling the maximum amperage, how does this work? Would
the main breaker not trip?

I've got lots of other questions. Is this the best
newsgroup for electrical type questions?

TIA

Boris

This used to be a decent place for such questions and on occasion
still is. However, you have to be careful here as you on any unknown
web site - there are trolls, intentional misinformationists, and plain
out louts now too, so try to be sure you sort out the dumb stuff from
the real. gfretwell & Harry gave decent answers; I didn't read any
further.

Yep. I used to participate in this ng, and this is my first time back in
a few years. I was surprised to see so many smart-ass posts in so many
threads. Lots of trolls and one-up-manship going on in many of the
threads with the not at all funny jokes and puns. I've seen this happen
in lots of formerly respected ngs. Eventually, the knowledgeable and
helpful members (yeah, for those tempted...I know there no such thing as
a member in a ng) stop participating.

But, that's ok. I can separate the wheat from the chaff.